This fork smashed guacamole recipe is a long time family favorite served at almost every get together. It a crowd pleaser for the obvious reasons and makes me happy because it takes only a few minutes to throw together. I for one, could eat a big bowl of this along with some salsa and tortilla chips as the main course for lunch or dinner.
I joined The Sunday Supper Movement in January of 2014 wanting to connect to like minded food bloggers who felt strongly about eating healthy meals together as a family. I never expected everything how much being a member of such a wonderful family would impact not only my blog but my life. The level of devotion from the members of Sunday Suppers and the sincere dedication towards the movement and each other has blown me away. My blog has gone noticeably from a place lost in web space to a little place where friends can gather and chat about food, family and friendships. Isabel better know as Family Foodie started Sunday Suppers some years ago to bring back families to the dinner table and it has grown exponentially since then into a large group of friends which I am blessed to be a part of!
So in true Sunday Supper form, a bunch of us got together to celebrate the Sunday Supper founder, Isabel aka Family Foodie's Birthday, with lots and lots of good food of course!
A big fat, super special thanks to Terri from Love and Confections for creating and organizing this fun event!!!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It's easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Not your normal,
You'll want to make sure you have an extra bag of chips all to yourself for this one.
Isabel is know for her family oriented approach to food meaning simple yet flavorful and filling recipes.
Like these Beef and Avocado Flatbreads
and this Warm Shrimp and Avocado Salad
or this Grilled Sirloin Steak with Corn and Avocado Appetizer
and this White Bean, Corn, Tomato and Rice Skillet which is perfect for a busy weekday.
SERVES....... HARD TO SAY YIELDS ABOUT 4 CUPS TIME 10 MINUTES
You Will Need
4 large California Avocados (make sure they are soft to the touch but not too mushy)
1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup large curd cottage cheese (or more sour cream)
1/4 cup scallions (white and light green part of a green onion) finely chopped
1 juicy lime, juiced
1 cup roasted corn on the cob kernels
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled (can substitute with feta, both are salty cheeses)
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 - 1 teaspoon or to desired taste red chili flakes (can use minced jalapeno)
pinch of salt (careful, the cheese is salty)
Wanna get crazy? Add some crumbled freshly cooked bacon!
In a medium size bowl, smash the avocado with a fork to desired consistency. Stir in sour cream, cottage cheese then the rest of the ingredients. Save some of the cheese to sprinkle on top.
Join me in celebrating Isabel's Birthday with all the delicious food and drinks her #SundaySupper family prepared!
- Birthday Cake Cocktails by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Lavender Mojitos by Amee's Savory Dish
- Caipirinha Colada by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventure
- Fig-Bourbon Fizz by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha Martini by Desserts Required
- Mocha Mudslide by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Plum and Thyme Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Summer Fizzies by Momma's Meals
- 2-Ingredient Deviled Eggs by Shockingly Delicious
- Apple and Chorizo Crostini with Shallots and Basil by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Buffalo Chicken Wontons by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Burrata Caprese Crostini with Proscuitto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chorizo and Kimchi Potato Pancakes from kimchi MOM
- Cotija and Roasted Corn Guacamole by Simply Healthy Family
- Gluten Free Basil Tomato Flatbread by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Salt Cod Fritters by Recipes Food and Cooking
Birthday Main Courses:
- Chai Sweet Chili Chicken Flatbread by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Chorizo Eggs Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Espetada (Portuguese Beef Skewers) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Salmon Rice Salad by Magnolia Days
- Sofrito Marinated Beef Skewers by Nik Snacks
- Steak with Red Wine Reduction and Blue Cheese by The Weekend Gourmet
- Angel Food Cake by Feeding Big
- Birthday Blondies by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Buttercream Icing by Whole Food | Real Families
- Chocolate Doughnuts with White and Chocolate Glaze by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- French Vanilla Eclair Cake by Love and Confections
- Homemade No-Churn Nutella Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cheesecake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Italian Cream Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Japanese Cherry Blossom Brownies and 10 Tips on How-To Get Drunk With Happiness by NinjaBaker
- Mint Chocolate Cream Pie by gotta get baked
- Pink Lemonade Cookies by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Queijadas de Sintra by Food Lust People Love
- Red Currant Cheesecake Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Peach Cake by The Wimpy Vegetarian